This is to announce the availability of service release V22.214.171.1246 for all Vi1, 2, 4 & 6 consoles.
This release primarily provides support for MSBi Stageboxes on the original Vi range, plus fixes to issues reported since V4.9.1 was released. In order to ensure maximum stability, we recommend that this software is installed into all Vi1, 2, 4 & 6 consoles as soon as possible.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- MSBi Stageboxes are now supported (output cards were not showing up correctly on Vi consoles).
- Vi1 could restart if two shows containing certain MIDI events were loaded sequentially.
- MIDI Channel Selection could change from “IN1: CH1” to “NO DEVICE” after deleting Cues.
- Vi1 ViSi Remote: L and R master faders are now linked as they are on the console, to prevent accidental L-R level offsets.
Note that the V4.9.2 software update cannot be installed on Vix00/x000 series consoles. The current V6.4.1 software release for these consoles is available from the Soundcraft website.
An updated version of the Virtual Vi Offline Editor is also available incorporating the above bug fixes, allowing pre-programming of Show files.
There are no known Show compatibility issues with this release.
ViSi Remote iPad App
There is no change to the ViSi Remote app with this release.
Where to get the software update
Downloads are now available on the Soundcraft website www.soundcraft.com.
- From the Vi1, 2, 4 & 6 product pages: Scroll down the page to the ‘Downloads’ area and look under ‘Software’.
- From the ‘Software’ page in Products menu, scroll directly to required product.
Vi2,4 & 6
Please note that for Vi2/4/6, when upgrading to software 4.9.0 and above, the DSP and FX cards within the Local Rack must be fitted in the correct slots in order for audio to function correctly. On software versions pre-4.9.0, this did not matter, and might have allowed cards fitted in non-factory default locations to go undetected. Check the locations of your DSP and FX cards before performing the 4.9.2 update by referring to the Update Instructions document. A document Checking DSP card positions in Vi Local Racks is also available from the website.
Note that Vi1 consoles use a hibernation process to allow a fast boot, this means that a specific procedure has to be followed carefully when doing a software update. Please download and read the Update Instructions here before starting the update.